Great Cities to Visit in Montana:
- Great Falls
5 Fun Things to Enjoy in Montana:
- Big Sky Montana: Big Sky Resort offers a premier snow skiing experience. In the neighboring area opportunities abound for whitewater rafting, hiking and camping, and seeing wildlife, including bears, elk, and wolves—the “gateway” to Yellowstone.
- Museum of the Rockies: Dinosaurs are the main attraction at this Smithsonian museum in Bozeman. Fossils, eggs, and lifelike models thrill visitors of all ages. The museum also features a planetarium, artifacts from plains Indian tribes, and art from the Old West.
- Little Bighorn Battlefield: The site of General Custer’s famous last stand remains one of Montana’s most popular historical sites. This National Monument contains memorials to both the Native Americans and U.S. Cavalrymen who lost their lives.
- Cathedral of St. Helena: A stunning gothic cathedral rises above Montana’s capital, Helena. It’s one of the crown jewels of American religious architecture, and a visitor could spend hours looking at its intricate stain glass windows.
- Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center: Located on the Montana side of Yellowstone National Park, this refuge for relocated bears and wolves allows visitors an up close look at two of America’s greatest predators in their natural habitats.
Major Convention Centers:
- Billings Red Lion Hotel and Convention Center: The 26,000 square feet of meeting space makes this facility the largest convention center in the state. With the amenities of the attached hotel and the convenience of Montana’s largest city, Billings Red Lion is a great choice.
- Mansfield Convention Center: Located in downtown Great Falls, the Mansfield offers 15,000 square feet of space well suited for conventions, trade shows, business meetings, wedding receptions, and more.
National Park Services - https://www.nps.gov/state/mt/index.htm
8 national parks and 1,135 listings on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Glacier National Park: One of the most pristine wilderness areas in the U.S., Glacier draws hikers and backpackers from all over the world with its 734 miles of trails winding through alpine valleys and under spectacular peaks. Going-to-the-Sun Road extends through the park, perfect for bicycling and sightseeing by car.
- Bighorn Canyon: For families that want a fun outdoor adventure, Bighorn Canyon offers a wide array of activities: fishing, boating, camping, hiking, horseback riding, bicycling, visiting historic ranches, and, of course, seeing bighorn sheep.
NASCAR: Montana is home to the Montana Raceway Park!
- 1/4 mile paved oval track, hosting weekly auto races, including the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West and the Coors Light Montana 200.