Some of Our Favorite Cities to Visit in California:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- San Diego
5 Fun Must See Places to Enjoy in California:
- Yosemite National Park: Spanning a breathtaking 747,956 acres, Yosemite National Park is one of the most popular natural parks in California. It brings in an estimated 3.8 million people each year. Hike through the many miles of forests, climb the steep cliffs of granite (at your own risk), or spend hours in awe by their many natural waterfalls.
- Golden Gate Bridge: Named one of the Wonders of the Modern World, the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most internationally recognized symbols of San Francisco, California, and the United States. Opening in 1937, it was considered the longest suspension bridge in the world up until 1964.
- Disneyland: Opened in 1955, Disneyland Park is the only theme park designed and built under the direct supervision of Walt Disney. The Park hosts many different “lands”, such as: Main Street, USA, Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Frontierland, Critter Country, Fantasyland, Mickey’s Toontown, and Tomorrowland.
- Pier 39: Hosting a variety of shops, restaurants, street performances, and even an aquarium, Pier 39 is one of the more popular tourist attractions in San Francisco, California. Built on a pier, visitors can see Angel Island, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Bay Bridge, all from the Pier’s edge.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame: Comprised of 2,500 terrazzo and brass stars, the Hollywood Walk of Fame spans 15 blocks of Hollywood Boulevard and 3 blocks of Vine Street.
Major Convention Centers:
- Los Angeles Convention Center: The Los Angeles Convention Center is well known for hosting major events, such as the LA Auto Show, Anime Expo, and the Electronic Entertainment Expo. The LACC is one of the largest convention centers with over 720,000 square feet of exhibition space.
National Park Services - http://www.nps.gov/state/ca/index.htm
New York has 27 National Parks 2,646 National Register of Historic Places
- Sequoia National Forest: Home to the majestic Giant Sequoia, these trees populate 38 distinct groves within the forest.
- Alcatraz Island: A small island developed with facilities for a lighthouse, military fortification, a military prison, and a federal prison from 1933-1963.
NASCAR: California is home to Auto Club Speedway - http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/?homepage=true
- Formerly known as California Speedway, this 2 mile track was opened in 1997 and hosts both the NASCAR Sprint Cup, and the NASCAR Xfinity Series.