Great Cities to Visit in Pennsylvania:
5 Fun Things to Enjoy in Pennsylvania:
- Hersheypark: Privately owned by Hershey Entertainment Company, this family oriented them park features a total of 74 rides, including 13 roller coasters and 14 water rides, as well as its own zoo.
- Gettysburg Battlefield: Visit the battlefield where Abraham Lincoln delivered his famous Gettysburg Address. Explore the Visitor Center which features the Gettysburg Museum of the American Civil War, the actual battlefield that provides numerous programs and information about the site, and other historical sites such as the Soldiers’ National Cemetery, the George Spangler Farm, the Eisenhower National Historic Site, and much more.
- The Andy Warhol Museum: Located in Pittsburgh, the Andy Warhol Museum is the largest museum in the country dedicated to a single artist. The museum contains 17 galleries that feature 900 paintings, 2,000 works on paper, 77 sculptures, 4,000 photographs, and so much more.
- Independence Hall: Independence Hall is where both the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were debated, signed, and adopted. The building is now listed as a World Heritage Site, and comes complete with tours and informative tours of our nation’s history.
- Liberty Bell: Serving as an iconic symbol of American independence, the Liberty Bell was originally placed in the steeple of the Pennsylvania State House, which is now known as Independence Hall.
Major Convention Centers:
- Pennsylvania Convention Center: With a total space of over 1,000,000 square feet and 679,000 square feet of exhibit space, the Pennsylvania Convention Center is one of the larger convention centers in Pennsylvania.
National Park Services - http://www.nps.gov/state/pa/index.htm
Pennsylvania has 18 National Parks and 3,360 National Register of Historic Places
- Valley Forge: Commemorating the perseverance, sacrifice and strength of the Continental Army, Valley Forge is a park that features historical buildings and several exhibits across the park that go over the history of Valley Forge.
NASCAR: Pennsylvania is home to Pocono Raceway http://www.poconoraceway.com/
- Also known as the “Tricky Triangle”, Pocono Raceway is a 2.5 mile track that hosts both the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and the NASCAR Xfinity Series. It also hosts the IndyCar series in the ABC Supply 500.